Saturday, March 5, 2011

Icing on the cake...

So, my family and I have beem through some major stuff these past few month, to say the least! Illness went rampid through my home, kids with no insurance that sprained ankles, dealt with pneumonia, bronchitis, stomach flu, and who knows what else. Lost a friendship, money difficulties, a birthday we didn't get to celbrate due to money, and the list goes on a few miles long!
But through it all, God has been here walking alongside us and getting us through. The friends that have come alongside us are amazing, the resources that have been placed in front of us, learning to humble myself and let go of the need to CONTROL!
Well, like I said, the icing has been put on the cake. Monday morning, I walked out to put my old flowers in the trash and find a "Trustee Notice Of Sale" on my front door. Being that we were here a year ago with our home, I knew what that was and what it meant. I just went ballistic! Called up Jose and unfortunatelyhe was pouring concrete and couldn't talk. I was freaking out, didn't know who to call. I needed to talk to someone. Something told me, call Amber. Awe, my sweet friend! Someone I never really thought I would turn to in time of tragedy. But God is good! He has placed Amber in my life and she thinks I've helped her, but what she doesn't know is that she's helped me just as much!
ANYWAYS... with past history, I'm guestimating we have until the end of March to move. This past week has been rough and I seriously went to where I was a year ago, mentally. Like a drug addict, looking for a fix. Driving all around town for 'for rent' signs.
I've heard God telling me, "trust me, I have it all under control. Stop looking, I'm going to bring to you. Just like this last house, I have a blessing for you."
I don't know what He's doing, but I know what His word says...I'm trust Him with ALL my heart & lean not, on my own understanding. His ways are NOT my ways. He has a plan and a purpose for my life.
It took some drilling into my head, but after a few days and some people lifting me up in prayer, I have a peace about me. A joy that is undescribable and can onlybe from Him. Now to remain in that joy, continue to trust in Him and KNOW, beyond a shadow of a.doubt that He is working in my family's favor.
I will keep ya'll updated!
~Melissa

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments: