Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Gees, I guess I'm a litte late on posting this, but that's alright.
Our Thanksgiving starts every year on Wednesday night when we go to our church and have a canlde light service and listen to what every one is thankful for. Along with handing out warm-fuzzies.
This year was the first year I didn't get up and bawl my head off while telling my thanks and giving my warm-fuzzies.
It's not that I didn't want to, I just felt like sitting back and being blessed to hear all of the new people get up and be thankful for what they have, where they are and what they have been through. Our church is SUCH a blessing!
So since I didn't give my thanks that evening, I figured I would blog about it (which obviously I haven't done yet due to my own busy-ness, but will do now).
I am thankful for SO many things!
~First of all, I am thankful for my freedom in this country. We have really been through a whirlwind with this years election, have made history and are seeing new things about to happen. BUT, we are a free nation & a blessed nation!
~I am SO thankful for EVERYTHING the Lord has done in our lives this year.
This has been the hardest year yet on our family, financially. But we are still a family, we still have a home to live in, food on our table, clothes on our back, shoes on our feet a family that loves us and a church family that sticks closer than our own flesh and blood.
~I am thankful to the Lord for giving me a man that NEVER lets up! He immigrated to this country with a dream and is determined to live that dream out. No doubt has God placed us in each other's lives. He was an un-believer when I met him and through me my love found the love of God. Through this man, I am learning to not only love myself, but what I have and am blessed with daily. My husband has really grown closer to the Lord these past 8 months and it is incredible! He is a bible thumper, a prayer, a listener of God's voice and just resently I have been able to see my Husband bring forth a word of God to a fellow friend. WOW!
He is a hard worker, striving through these tough economic times to keep us above and provide for his family. He is an awesome Papa who loves his children dearly. He is sexy, and yet still has that rough neck look about him (especially when he pours cement...YUM!), he loves me for who I am, no matter what and continually puts up with me day after day, year after year.
~I am thankful for my children. Each and every one of them! Anthony is the biggest help, still a mama's boy and is such a pleaser. We have had our challenges this year, but all in all, he is still an awesome kid! Adriana is becoming such a precious girl (when she wants to be). She has such a sensitive spirit about her and has shared an awesome vision with me for her future. Dominic is just a bits. He is funny, kick back, has a personality that you wouldn't believe. Now the Lord has blessed us with one more due in January. Obviously the Lord has a bigger plan for Jose & my life than we fathomed!
~I am thankful for my mommy. Who even though she can be a pain in the butt, is an awesome mom & grandma!!!! I can not be thankful enough for my mom having such a close relationship with my babies. She knows when she is needed and as this pregnancy is wearing on me, she is really stepping in and getting things done. She has come a LONG way in her life. The Lord showed me a vision for my mom, and as long as I was obedient in my area, He would bring us though, and He is.
~I am thankful for a church that has opened it's doors to my family and has taken us in to build us up. My Pastors have really been sensitive to the Lord and obedient. The families that have been brought in to our church this past year and have opened their doors to the bible studies, the bbq's, the time to just sit and spend with you has been awesome! We have made some great friends this past year that have been placed in our lives for a reason, and I am definitely seeing why through the growth of not only myself, but especially my husband! I can say, "We have some REAL friends!"
~I am thankful for my brother and sister(by law). Everything we have been through, we are still the best of friends. My brother can be such a brat, but man do I love him! He has a great calling upon his life and once he let's go, WATCH OUT! My sister is awesome and has really raised some awesome kids. She knows what needs to be done and gets it done. She has been obedient in so many areas of her life that it will all come together and she is going to be blown away by what the Lord has for her.
~I am thankful for my neices & nephews that my sister has given me. My neice is such a blessing to my life. I have been able to really grow close to her this year working with the youth. This girl has a calling in her life and as long as she stands firm in what she knows, she is giong to be a testimony to SO many teenage girls one day! She has a sensitive spirit and is so open to learn more.
My warm-fuzzies go out to Mick & Janie, Noe & Monica, my VERY special friend Glenda, Pastor Mike & Brittney and finally my Pastor & Mishelle. Without these people in my life this past year, only God knows where my family would be!

Thursday started out with getting together with our church. We did a Thanksgiving Outreach at the Banning Community Center. Our focus were for those in need for Thanksgiving. Those who needed someone to love on them and take them just as they were for a special day of thanks.
We got there around 10am and had an awesome morning & early afternoon serving and blessing those who needed us, along with being able to just enjoy each other's company.
We had 146 people (I do believe) come out for us to serve. Not bad at all! After we finished up and cleaned up, we headed home to sit a spell and get some food in our bellahs.
Then headed off to Grandpa & Grandma Roof's house.
We just missed Lourdes and Adrian...UGH! But Alli, Aunt Vonnie & the boys, Uncle Butch & Theresa, Gordon & Diane (g&g's friends) and Kent & his gal pal were all there. We had a fun time, as always. Grandma made LOTS of food. Grandpa bought a 32 lb turkey (Yeah, I think that one made the record!). It was all gravy :-)
Around 7pm we left there, so I could go home & shower and get ready for my morning at work.
All in all, it was a great day!
Thank you Lord for my MANY blessings!!!

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Sounds like quite a day! Glad to hear your Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful :)