Thursday, July 14, 2011

Loving the Unlovable

So, remember my last post on Bible Study, we were going to start the series, "Loving the Unlovable".  I *thought* I was going to update you on this study and maybe even blog my thought's, journals.  BUT, I honestly can't.  As much as I'd like to, some stuff just doesn't need to be out in the bloggasphere (Melissa's made up word).
But, I did write something last week that I thought I'd share on here.  I know I wrote it last week, but I just haven't taken the time to put it on here.  I seriously need to be waking up at like 6 am to beat these kids to 'bug mode'.  Once their awake, I feel like I'm at their becking call...UGH!  I shouldn't be complaining, I'm SO BLESSED to be able to be at home with my babies, but sometimes!
Anyway, this isn't a rant post or a post about my kids.  It's a post about something that God spoke to me.

So, day 4, Step 1 of "The Top 10 Ways to Love the Unlovable"...
I highlighted the following excerpts from the page and then rolled off of those.  So, I will bold & italicize the excerpts. Underline some things that jumped out at me...


First step in recovery is the most important because the admission of their problem opens the door to their recovery, so does acknowledging the unlovable/difficult people in our life open the door to healing...
As a result of you changing, that person may or ma not move off the list you have, but...their unlovable, difficult attitude will no longer have the same power over you! CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!
With in all of this was the word LOVE that I highlighted & underlined.
Psalm 4:4 "Be angry and do not sin.  Meditate within your heart on your bed and be still."
The word "meditate"-The act of thoughtful deliberation with the implication of speaking to one's self."
This is what the Holy Spirit took me to:
John 3:16, we all know the verse and can quote it, but I pulled some things out of it...
For God so LOVED the world.
LOVE~ Immeasurable LOVE, Agape (the highest and purest form of love, one that surpasses all other types of affection.) LOVE.  We need to have that for each other.  Doesn't mean we accept the wrong from others, it means we love despite. <-OUCH!
WORLD~The world (we the people existing) are full of unlovable characters/traits.
But despite our nstiness/ugliness, God gave his ONLY son to come and die for us.
God set the example of how we should love those, despite all.
So, what this all says to me is, despite every "ill" thing done, I am to love still.  Doesn't mean I have to allow the "ill" in my life.  Doesn't mean I have to live in misery or listen to the "ill".  Doesn't mean I have to allow it to penetrate my soul.
It simply means, "Show God's unconditional love, despite it all."

So, in all of our ugliness, I pray that you can see past that unlovable/difficult person in your life.  I like to say, get to know the story before you judge the cover.  You never know what's behind all of that anger, hurt, illness coming from that person.
As you allow God to change your heart, I pray He gives you HIS Agape love that you can pour out to those difficult people in your life!

0 comments: