Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Golden Way

When I think of that, I think of the Golden Streets I will be walking on when I pass the gates of heaven...don't you?
Well, for now, it's going to be the street I'm walking and driving on in less than a month...WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!
I'm so stinken excited, I can't even tell you!  Julie had sent me links to some houses that were the same model/floor plan of this house.  I have to admit, I wasn't too thrilled.  Jose and I also looked at a house that was condemned down the street and I was really put back on this house.  So I started putting in my list of 'wants' to God.  That sounds crazy, but the bible tells us in Hebrews 4:16 "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."
And in Psalms 34:4 the bible tells us; "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."
REALLY?!?!  So, after looking at the houses, I started telling God..."I would really like all tile or hardwood floors, Lord.  They are so much easier to take care of!  And shutters, they are easy to maintain, the will help with our energy costs, which you know needs to be cut down, especially with what we are putting out now.  And an office/kid's play place.  It would be awesome to have a place that I can work in as well as a place that the kids' toys can go in.  I mean, I guess I could put them in their rooms or the living room, but it's been so nice to have the loft where they can play.  Lord, ultimately, I want your will to be done.  But, I'm approaching you boldly and giving you the desires of my heart."
Through the day I was just talking with Him, chit chatting, just whatever.  And as I got ready to go meet with Chuck and Teresa, I asked God.  "God, can you just give me a sign when I enter the house.  Let it have tile or hardwood floors so that I can know this is from you.  I don't want to get my heart set on something that isn't your will.  I don't want to get excited out of turn.  I want to know that you are taking care of this, even though I know you are, but would be nice if I can let go of the anxiety of the unknown."
So, we got ready and headed over.  While driving we were discussing placement of Jose's tools, mixer, truck, etc. 
We got to the house and waited for them to answer....
A younger boy answered and I asked for Chuck, he informed me it was his father and he was coming.  Chuck approached the door and welcomed us into the home....
The house has TILE FLOORS!  Then as you walk a little bit further in, I see the formal living/dining area has CHERRY HARD WOOD FLOORS!  WHAT?!?!?!
We went through the house and the house is amazingly gorgeous!  A room with bath for my mom, another that can be an office/toy room.  Down the hall it has another full bathroom, two bedrooms for the kids and the master that is beautiful!  A laundry room just off of the bedrooms attached to a 3 car garage, with remote control (have I ever mentioned that in all my houses, I've never parked in my garage because they were too small & didn't have garage door openers?!?)  Then back down the hall you go into an open kitchen with granite counter tops (have I ever mentioned how much I love my granite?) a center island with the sink and a bar attached.  Ummmm, it has a DOUBLE OVEN, WTH!?!?!  Watch out holidays, I am going to have a double oven, we're all in trouble!  A cook top with storage right under it for the pots & pans, a breakfast nook, beautiful open living room with a fireplace.  Um and I have a closet for a pantry, WAY COOL!  There is a little door that you go into the back yard.  No slider, but the windows in the living room and kitchen make up for the slider, BIG TIME!  Out back there is a covered patio, ya'll know how we love to BBQ!  Rose bushes, rock lined flower beds, a nice sized patio that goes into a concrete lined gorgeous grass area.  Not too big, not too small.  We asked about the playground being placed back there and they are okay with it.  Then Chuck tells Jose, "come on, let's go around the side, I have a storage shed you could get use out of."  HA!
It is more than I imagined!!!  
We sat down and talked with Chuck and Teresa and I can't believe how awesome they are.  They are willing to work with us with a move in date, Teresa told me she wants me to make this my home.  They are looking forward to us taking this house and loving it as much as they did.  
Chuck told us they would be having his brother, who happens to be in real estate and the business of flipping houses, contact us to go over other details.  We went home with such a peace!
This morning, when I started this blog, Gary, Chuck's brother, called me up and was talking to me.  He asked me about our situation and I gladly gave him the 411 of not just this house, but our last also.  He couldn't believe that we've had to go through this twice in a year.  He felt so bad for us.  He also informed me that the bank in deed will most likely  be coming to us for a 'cash for keys' type of thing.  He stated that when we get the letter, we are to contact him.  He is willing to negotiate our time we have and money we should be receiving to make it to where we won't have to pay out of our pockets for the move-in costs...
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!  Your kidding me, RIGHT!  OH NO, God is just that good!  
I am flabbergasted and beside myself.  Someone commented to me when all this was happening, "Beggars can't be choosers."  Um, I'm not a beggar, I'm a child of the MOST HIGH GOD. He is my Abba Father, my one and only Daddy.  I can go to Him, BOLDLY.  With the desires of my heart and I know that if it will be used according to His will, ALL my needs WILL be supplied!
I am praising my Daddy.  He is spoiling me with the desires of my heart and as long as I am a child after His heart, His will and His ways...He will supply all my needs.
So my dear reader, know, that God is a great God and He cares deeply about your future.  I'm excited to see where God is leading me and my family.  I don't know what lies around the corner, but I do know, that as long as I trust in Him...That's all I need!


****AFTER THOUGHT...In my previous post, I had mentioned that I already drove through this neighborhood last week looking for houses, but I let Jose drive through anyway...Chuck informed me last night that he put the sign up Sunday morning, just before I had called him.  CRAZY!  Then he said that we were the first ones to call and he thought I sounded good so they have been taking calls, but discussed giving us the first shot.  Before we left, he commented, "Well, I can go take the sign down now.  I'm tired of my phone ringing off the hook.  HA, GOD AGAIN!****

1 comments:

Mrs.J said...

I am so excited for you! I was in tears while reading your blog. You are so right we are daughters of the most high king!