Thursday, November 4, 2010

30 days of Thankfulness ~Day 4

Today is my cousin Robin's First Angelversary (the day she was called home to our Heavenly Father). I couldn't take this post and give it to anyone/thing else but her.
Only God knows how very thankful I am for that girl.
I don't know what's going to come out in this post, but just bear with me and know I'm doing it threw tears.
Robin left us at just 30 years 2 months and 15 days (if i did the math right).
If you knew Robin, you knew she was living her life to please God.
Robin was born August 20, 1979, just shy of one year after I was born and just about 2 weeks before Lourdes was born. Talk about an adorable baby! Of course, I don't remember much, since I was just a babe myself, but my family likes to share stories. Robin was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at a very young age. The doctors of course put a time frame on her life, but God had MUCH GREATER plans!
Robin was married to Jason. After a few years of marriage, she gave birth to Christopher. Funny how that went, because Robin had Chris, Gail had Devin and I had Dominic all within a month separation.
Robin had a double lung transplant in December of 2007, after a very long battle of collapsed lungs...but, unknown to anyone, there was a problem. She had some issues and was looking into a re-transplant, but God now put a frame on her life clock. He knew exactly what he was doing and Robin trusted in Him all along.

Like I said, Robin left us at the young age of 30, but spiritually she was pretty much in her 80's!
This girl was a rock, or at least that's what she let everyone see. In her illness, pain, suffering, etc. it was her goal to reach out and touch someone else.
Robin and I weren't very close growing up but, with age, marriage and children, our lives take alternate routes and priorities, focuses, etc change.
Robin and I talked ALOT! I could honestly say, we talked at least once a week in some form of communication.
That girl got me through some rough patches. She was ALWAYS there! She would put herself aside to pray, guide, speak words of encouragement to you.
I never got to tell her, but she taught me to pray with others. To stand up for who I am and not be ashamed. To use my god-given abilities to reach out and touch a life in need.
In many areas, I am the woman I am today, spiritually because of Robin!
I swore a year ago today that i would stand up and change my ways with my physical health.
I also swore I would run a marathon, something she always wanted to do and was blessed to do at one point.
But, I've fallen away and let things get in my way.
today, I am vowing again...
Robin, I will pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back on track. I will run a marathon in your remembrance and let those know who Robin was and still is.
Your stories will be told and your light will forever shine. You touched not only me, but so many people in your short life. You stood up for who you were, what you believed in and most importantly our God.
Proverbs 31:30 says "a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised"...Robin you will always be praised!
I love you and miss you more than words could ever describe. You've left a wonderful man and awesome little boy, along with many lives you touched, who will carry out your stories...forever you will be praised!

This is a pic of Robin, Jason & Chris hiking in June of 2008, after her transplant, looking AMAZING!

1 comments:

Gayle said...

Melissa,
Your writing is perfect.. You are a strong and blessed woman! Thank you for sharing this about Robin - I thank God for her willingness to share His promises with others. I love you and continue to pray for you and your precious family.
Auntie Gayle