Friday, March 5, 2010

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Jose's brother, Mario has been fighting a 6 year battle of cancer. Jose's family called him on Wednesday morning to inform him that he is in the hospital with days left to live. My poor husband is simply devastated. I asked him to share his feelings with me last night and all he could say is, "I can't imagine never being able to see my brother again."
Even though we are over 2,200 miles apart, Mario was the only one out of the family that cared or desired a relationship to continue to grow with Jose. He is also the only one that ever liked me, or cared to have a relationship with me. Mario was truly a sweetheart, caring, loving and just a great person all around.
Jose is frantically trying to get his passport updated and plane tickets to get over there before Mario passes.
I am just praying that the Lord gives Jose peace, strength & an outpouring of love at this time.

1 comments:

The Pruetts said...

Wow. Just saw this post & am wondering did Jose get to see his brother & his his brother still alive? I'm praying for him...love ya lady.