Sunday, August 16, 2009

I am truly 'Nothing'

I have always loved the process of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. Getting a 'butterfly' tattoo was quite popular for a while. Because of that, I kinda put off the idea of getting a tattoo.
Recently I saw my cousin's tattoo that she had put on her wrist. It's of a key representing "Who hold's the key to your heart? Scripture referencing to Matthew 22:37 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."' I absolutely loved it & loved that it was placed on her wrist.
So, I've been thinking of getting a butterfly tattoo on my wrist. Then I was thinking, "Why?"
Tonight while searching for a shirt I want, I found this:

"We are truly nothing without God. To me I try to live by this. Because only God could take the wormy caterpillar and make it a beautiful butterfly. Only God can take what is dreadful in me and make it something beautiful. It's when I think I'm something that things get ugly! God help me to live as if I'm nothing without You. Like a ship without a sail I am nothing without You.

John 15:5 - "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."

And a shirt with this pic on it...


I absolutely LOVE it! I now would love to save up to get a tattoo on my wrist of the cross with wings in it. Just something to look down daily and remind myself that, "I am truly NOTHING without Him!"

0 comments: