Friday, March 13, 2009

She Made Captain!

Saturday was Adriana's first Spring Select Game out in San Bernardino. Coach handed her backpack and she started going through it.
Well, in one of the pockets she found a 'Captain's Band'. She asked him, "Hey, you hid this in my bag." Coach Randy kinda chuckled and said, "It's yours, I knew you would look in there."
So Adriana went around asking the other girls if they got one too. She never found out if anyone else had one or not.
We thought that she was captain just for that game and then they would switch each game...
Boy was I wrong! I emailed Coach Randy on Tuesday letting him know Adriana is sick & wouldn't make it to practice. When he responded this is what he said:

Melissa,
Hi, thank you very much for your email! Adriana is a pleasure to have on the team. She has been very mature about her injury and I think she is doing very well. I was also happy to make her Captain because she really took it serious to help out and I know she understands what it means to help Terry and I lead the team on the field.
Please let Adriana know she will definitely be missed at practice if she is too sick to attend but that we will all be looking forward to seeing her on Thursday!
Thank you again for your email :o)
Randy
Yeah! My Girl ROCKS!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

DUDE THAT IS SIK!! WICKED !! OMG! LIKE TELL AUDI I AM SOOO JEALOUS!!! CAPTAIN AND SHES HOW OLD? YOU GO LIL MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.J said...

She is just that awesome!! I am surprised she was not made the captain before.