Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh My!

Well, I sit here at 9:50pm. Delayna has been extremely fussy at nights. I really think it is colic, but who really knows whats going on in that little body of hers.
Well, I am normally upstairs with Jose trying to soothe her myself, while Jose sleeps, until I can't do anymore. Then he will wake up and take over for about an hour while I try to escape the screams of my poor baby girl.
Well, many times my mom has gripped at me the next morning. She tells me how angry she gets with me that I don't bring her downstairs and let her try to soothe Delayna. How Delayna likes her better than Jose and she can get her to calm down better, ect. etc. etc...
Well, I am sitting here listening to my mom go through the same routine that Jose and I have been going through for the past 2 weeks.
She's not doing any better & in some ways I find it amusing. Amusing in the fact that my mom, "little miss know it all when it comes to my babies" is not succeeding at keeping the tears, screams & unhappiness to come.
She is in her room right now with about 3 of my music boxes playing, because she thinks they will work.
Then she thinks she's hungry and that "my milk" isn't doing the trick. So we make a bottle and watch Delayna spit it out and fight to even allow it into her mouth...
Awe the joys of proving my mom wrong sometimes.
That sounds horrible, but sometimes we have to laugh when we want to scream or cry...

2 comments:

Mrs.J said...

Good move there...I totally agree with you.

Winter Delivery said...

Isn't it great when you can prove parents wrong? With them being right 98% of the time, we are entitled to that 2% and it's sweet! My pedi talked to me about colic and told me that it is usually gone by 3 months. Poor Delayna ;(