Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I am thowing in the towel!

I have tried and just am not succeeding. So I am throwing in the towel, with cloth diapering.
I'm not feeling guilty and I am standing proud knowing that I tried.
I thank all of those who came along side me and supported me and all the encouragement I received!
The reasons for my being done are as follows:
1) I have 4 children. The time it takes to do daily activities is barely enough, adding in cloth diapers is a bit much. *On a note, I must say, I did try! BUT, when you have 5 loads of laundry sitting in your room that needs to be put away & still clothes that need to be washed, not to mention the basket with diapers. You become overwhelmed*

2) Convenience. Honestly, I don't sit. I, unfortunately will be going back to work. I have 2 kids in soccer, traveling (if you don't understand, don't try to). Bible study 2 nights out of the week, church that we attempt to get to another night out of the week and of course church and youth group on Sunday.

3) Cost. YES, I *know* cloth diapering, in the long run, is cheaper. But, I don't have the money to put out on them right now. This is probably one of the biggest reasons I am giving up. I did the pre-folds, which I had my heart set on, but they just don't work for me. I did like the pockets, but those and the AIO/2's are quite expensive.

So, that's it. It's hard to admit this to myself, because I really had my heart set on cd'ing.

5 comments:

Mrs.J said...

babe, you tried and believe me it is more than most would have done. PLUS you have 3 others that your raising too. Life gets crazy,get loves.

Unknown said...

{{hugs}} you did better than I did!!
At least you tried..I didn't even get that far!

Marli said...

I don't blame you one bit ;)

Stephanie said...

Just curious, are you returning all them to Miracle Dipers or what???

This Is Me, Doing What I Do said...

Thats part of the agreement. But now I'm second guessing myself.