Friday, May 8, 2009

Just A Girl

OK, so theres this girl who has been in my life a little over 13 years. She has always been a really cute & adorably sweet girl.
But as she grows older, she is becoming more independent & an awesome teen who will grow up to be an even awesomer woman!
The other night I was watching AI. No Doubt was on & as I was listening to Gwen Stefani sing her old classic "Just A Girl", it reminded me of this girl.
Here's the video & the lyrics:

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes

I'm exposed

And it's no big surprise

Don't you think I know

Exactly where I stand

This world is forcing me

To hold your hand

'Cause I'm just a girl, little ol' me

Don't let me out of your sight

I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite

So don't let me have any rights

Oh. . . I've had it up to here!

The moment that I step outside

So many reasons for me to run and hide

I can't do the little things

I hold so dear

'Cause it's all those little things

That I fear

'Cause I'm just a girl,

I'd rather not be

'Cause they won't let me drive

Late at night

I'm just a girl

Guess I'm some kind of freak

'Cause they all sit and stare

With their eyes

I'm just a girl

Take a good look at me

Just your typical prototype

Oh. . . I've had it up to here!

Oh. . . am I making myself clear?

I'm just a girl

I'm just a girl in the world. . .

That's all that you'll let me be!

I'm just a girl, living in captivity

Your rule of thumb

Makes me worry some

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?

What I've succumbed to

Is making me numb

I'm just a girl, my apologies

What I've become is so burdensome

I'm just a girl, lucky me

Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

Oh. . . I've had it up to

Oh. . . I've had it up to

Oh. . . I've had it up to here.


This girl is Radically Honest & this song just fits her to the 'T'! She is so individual and is totally comfortable with who she is. But there are so many people ready to judge her for who and what she is. She is disgustingly honest & I'm sure her mom can go ballistic sometimes raising her, she has learned that she is who she is...

Honest, Her Own Person, Dependent, Rockin, and Just One Awesome Girl!

Just an example of what she's about, here is a post I stole from her blog:

Gosh you know i just sometimes love the subject of friends..
Because you know your real ones and ones who are just plain well BITCHES... Thats right its all the truth out here .. I WILL NOT BE SILENCED OR CENSORED!!!!!!!

The real ones know what to do in situations..Fake ones will just be theirselves no matter the outcome.. Which in some cases is really , really bad!

Some things a real friend does..

1-Will Never date your ex.
2-Lie to you about how you look.
3-Listen to the other things the friend has to say.
4-Meet the other friends of their friends, and consider liking them.
5-Wont keep secrets.

Simple things Right?

Some things a not so real friend will do...

1-Not give a shit about what happened between you and your ex and will sleep/date him behind your back..AND BRAG ABOUT IT...
2-Give advice for clothing..when really it makes you look like a slutty whore.
3-Disregard everything they say and go off and hurt themselves..While the other friend [the real one] wont come and help because if they do they will say 'I told you SO..'
4-Completely use the other friends and turn them against eachother.
5-D. All of the above..

So keep your friends close and your enemies closer..cause you never know what side your friends are on..

I am proud to know Cera (which she was named after a Dinosaur, you remember Land Before Times...YUP, Cera the triceratops & she is just like her!).

Thank you my sistah from another mutha for allowing me to be part of your daughter's life. You are raising one awesome human being, who in my opinion, FREAKING ROCKS!!!

PS, I go on your blog Miss Missy just to listen to your music sometimes =}

Love You Both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i read the lyrics and it reminds me of time when me and my friends got pulled over by a cop because it was 2 mins til curfew and ooh it angered me because he was talking to me like i was 4 and umm i wasnt wearing no short skirt and pink heels i was in ripped jeans an abbey dawn shirt and some chucks . <3 cera

Mrs.J said...

Thanks for noticing that she is an awesome kid.She is also stubborn and opinionated and she can be bossy but, she has this heart in here that is so full of love for so many things. She is starting to turn the corner and becoming more of a young woman than tomboy. Watching the change happen is kinda like watching a flower bloom. BTW your kid is pretty awesome as well! I wanna hang out with her again!!