Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quotable Sunday

Hmmm, lookie I found...A new post. It’s called Quotable Sunday…If you know me, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Quotes!!!
This week I thought I’d post some fun quotes that either mom’s say or are said about moms. You can find the original here:


So here are some that I have found & like:

"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it."~The Golden Girls

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

“Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble.”
Dennis Fakes

“A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking” By: Helen Rice

“Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.” By: Mildred B. Vermont

“Nobody knows of the work it makes/to keep the home together. Nobody knows of the steps it takes/ nobody knows but mother.”

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
- Author Unknown

Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.
- Maureen Hawkins

And I will leave you with thi (because honestly this could go on forever!)

It will be gone before you know it. The fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher. Then suddenly they disappear.
- Dorothy Evslin

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all your quotes --beautiful --My favorite is “Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble.” That one is too funny! TFS

Mrs.J said...

I love the quote about a mother being born in the same instant that the child is. I recently told cera that I sometimes felt as though we grew up together. SO yea I really identify with that quote!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Loved your quotes! I have two favorites:

"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it."~The Golden Girls

“Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble.”
Dennis Fakes

So funny...and so true! ;)

Supermom said...

That is funny. I LOVE quotes as well! Dang Melissa we just keep finding things we have in common don't we! LOL

Denise said...

Such Beautiful Quotes Melissa. Hope your day was very special yesterday :)

Unknown said...

I love all you quotes too! This one I really love: It will be gone before you know it. The fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher. Then suddenly they disappear. So true, they grow up so fast.
Welcome to Quotable Sunday!!