Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Freecycled Dressers

Back in October, I found these dressers on Freecycle. I took Jose with me to go get them. When he first saw them, he was NOT happy! He wanted to get me back in the truck and run home.
I told him to just load them up and I would take care of the rest.
It has taken me a while, but I finally finished the baby's dresser last night. Dominic's has been done since November. I thought I took pics of his, but I can't find them. His is just painted grey with black nobs, nothing fancy.
So here are the results...
Before:
Notice the lovely flowery scenery? YUCK!

Yeah, the flower scene was all over the bottom

Drawers


This is the baby's dresser after:
It's dark chocolate brown and cream & cream nobs. The pics don't do justice.


I (actually Jose did, because I was tired and getting frustrated) lined the inside with really pretty paper.
Now I get to do laundry and put it all away!!!

4 comments:

lisa said...

Beautiful, Melissa! Great work.

Kara said...

They look great!

Mrs.J said...

My talented friend!

The Pruetts said...

That looks awesome! If my girls room was gonna be pink & brown like I wanted, I would have LOVED to have done that to the dresser. As it is, I painted Eden's crib, changing table, and dresser a nice clean white. I didn't take before pics. Well I did but they're actually pics of Trin when she was a baby and was using them. And I don't know if have any of those pics. OH NOW I GOTTA GO LOOK FOR THEM LOL I'm crazy...hehehe
Anyways, great job!