Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dia De Los Reyes

January 6th is Dia De Los Reyes aka Three Kings Day.
This isn't something that we normally celebrate, but it's something that Jose, when he was in his country did celebrate.
Having a mixed family, it has been hard to keep tradition with both my family as well as Jose's traditions.
When I married him (or even before) I swore I would try to incorporate his family traditions into our family.
Well, this is a holiday, that as Christians, we don't traditionally celebrate. It's more of a Catholic traditional celebration.
BUT, since Jose has Catholic roots and his family does celebrate this (they even have the HUGE parade and parties), we will be incorporating it into our day...
Just because I like to get the pan, Rosca de Reyes (translated, the bread) :-)

Feliz Dia De Los Reyes y que Dios Te Vendiga!

0 comments: