Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Follow up to my 35 before 35

I was just reading through my posts looking for the one that I did about Glen Ivy.  Well, I found it and HAD to do a follow up!
So here is my list, and after the list in bold I'm going to list my follow up, if any =)

1) Go to Guatemala to meet/see my husband's family
2) Become a Director for Pampered Chef
3) Re-do my floors in my house, tile, wood floors and concrete~We actually lost our house to a foreclosure and God has moved us twice.  My new home now has WOOD FLOORS & TILE!  HAAA
4) Be a Football Mom~Well my oldest son, Anthony, started playing football last year.  He was on Freshman Football for the Beaumont Cougars.  Towards the end of the season, the coaches were so impressed with him that he was moved up to JV.  He is training now for this next season's season and will be playing for JV with a starting position and the coaches are talking about moving him up to Varsity.
5) Take a cruise with my Honey, ALONE!
6) Take a Disney Cruise with the family
7) Get out of debt, except for my house~still working on that =(
8) Get to a healthy weight and be more focused on me as a person & not a wife & mother~Well, I must say, I did start WW and lost 30lbs.  Yay, I know, but I'm not very Yay right now.  I've gained some weight, lost sight, got off track and gained.  But I'm back on track and doing it right this time.  Looking to God for my strength and a group of amazing Jesus Girlz.  With that, I know things will be different!
9) Revamp my wardrobe
10) Get a built in pool
11) Get my mom into her own place
12) Obtain Good health insurance
13) See a different president in office
14) Run a 5k~Retraining for that now.  I was up to a complete 5k before I stopped working out and now I have to start all over again :-/
15) See my marriage grow~All I can say is, I love my husband more today than ever!  He is my rock and I don't know what I would do without him.  I think my own insecurities have gotten in the way of alot of things.  But as I learn who I am in the Lord, things change. 
16) See my ministry that the Lord has for me flourish~I wish I would have noted where my ministry was at this point of time.  I've headed up nursery, walked along side the prayer chain leader, supported the youth ministry & couples ministry.  But God has taken me on a journey to lead women's bible study.  I'm now on my 3rd bible study and my group has grown from 6 people to 16!  I'm overwhelmed with humbleness that God would use this broken vessel to touch the lives of some amazing women.  Even some that I've looked up to.  This journey He has me on is amazing!
17) Become better at taking time with God, daily~Let's just say, this is a never ending battle, just like my weight!  It takes a daily conscious decision to make that time.  I'm not perfect, but I am getting better.
18) Stand with my friend, Jessica, at her wedding
19) Plan Jessica's wedding =) ~I would love to report that I've done the last two, but not yet.  God's still preparing her husband & her 
20) Spend more time with my extended family
21) Have another family reunion
22) Plan a family reunion for my other family
23) Learn to sew
24) Get a tattoo on my wrist~I did to that!  I got a cross with angel wings around it.  It's very special to me.  I got it done just before my cousin Robin passed away.  The wings were supposed to be butterfly wings to signify the change in my life, but my nephew did angel wings.  I look at it as my Angel (Robin) always with me.
25) Get a tattoo on my back
26) Go to Glen Ivy & get the FULL treatment~this is what started this whole follow up post.  I found them on facebook today and they are giving away a trip for Mother's Day.  I wanted to show them that I really do want to visit them.  To this day I haven't had the advantage of going.  Makes me sad, but one day I WILL cross this off my list!
27) Just go to Glen Ivy
28) Watch Anthony walk across the stage at graduation with MANY awards & honors~man, now that he's in HS, this one makes me so sad!  I'm so proud of my babies, but it makes me so sad to see them grow up so quickly.  Especially my baby boy!  He brings me so much pride & joy.
29) Get a weekly scheduled pedicure~YEAH RIGHT!  Who's got money for that anymore
30) Manicure weekly wouldn't be bad either
31) Go to the Grand Canyon again with the kids
32) Watch my church grow & expand~Let's just say God is bringing in some awesome people!  His works are filtering down and there are some great things happening!
33) Be a part of my church expanding & helping women obtain jobs
34) Watch a Broncos Game LIVE
35) Throw a Super Bowl Party~We will be planning it this year, hopefully our Broncos will be a participant.  We tried last year, but everyone fizzled out.



So, that's my update.  Weird how some things have happened!  But blessed by it all!

0 comments: