Saturday, January 29, 2011

My boy...

I'm sitting here looking at pics on facebook of my baby boy. There's just something about him that brings me so much joy and years that fill my eyes.
He's at his first quinceƱera tonight, and as he made his plans I started to question myself. He initially planned on staying at his friend Marcelino's house. But then the more I thought about it, I had concerns. I know quinces and I know there will be alcohol and yes, even possibly drugs.
It's not that I don't trust my boy, I do, but I've been there and done that. Temptations rears up like a vicious lion, and my boy being as popular as he is, of course will have to protect his reputation.
So I change his plans and he won't be going tio his friends and I will be picking him up. Anthony is such an awesome kid. He has an amazing head on his shoulders, he's amazingly driven and loves life. One mistake could cost him. I tell him that allllll the time, but he's a teenager and of course "knows everything".
So mean 'ol mama that I am, I'm not letting him spend the night, but I allowed him to go to the party. I pray the holy spirit walks with him, protects him and quickens him to any senseless act he may do or think of doing.
I love my boy beyond words. He continues to amaze me. One day he will make an amazing husband and loving father.
Until then, my job is never through. And I will proudly be "the mean mom".

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

1 comments:

Mrs.J said...

Take pride in being the mean mom, I saw the results the other night when he helped in trhe kitchen. Such an awesome kid you got! i love him so much!