Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Delayna's A Week Old

I can't even believe a week has come and gone. A week ago today I was overwhelmed with emotions of being blessed with another beautiful baby girl. I hoped and prayed for another girl, but also knew that what the Lord was blessing me with was another child, no matter the sex and trusting him that He knew what He was doing. He always does.
We have had many visitors, phone calls, comments and emails. I am so blessed to have so many loving, caring and real people in my life.
Jose had a few sleepless nights, my poor Honey. He is trying to be Papa, but with work is wearing down. I finally gave him a break last night and slept on the couch. He said he slept harder than he has in a long time...My poor honey!
Delayna has had issues come late night time. First of all, she definitely has her days/nights mixed up! She is doing better with staying up during the day and sleeping, but it's all in time.
Secondly, she has belly problems. We weren't sure if it was colic or gas. After talking to her Dr and going over some of her symptoms, she definitely said gas.
So Monday night, Jose went and bought a bottle of Mylocon Gas Drops (or as we are calling it, "Our Gold", that stuff is expensive!).
She did SO much better that night! She was up every 3 hours to eat, but her belly wasn't causing her to start screaming at the top of her lungs for no reason without being able to calm her down.
Well, I took some pics (then the camera's batteries died, so no more pics :-( )
Here's Delayna at 1 Week old in her outfit Monica bought her & her little Vans...Too Cute!


1 comments:

JEN said...

awww she's so beautiful!!!!