Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 days of Thankfulness ~Day 3

Well today, hands down has to go to my baby girl...
Adriana Winette, It's her 12th birthday today!
I can honestly say, I can remember the day she was born. Going in the night before, into a dark room at San Gorgonio Hospital. Laying there while they start my petocin and watching TV. It was a looooooong dark night! But I remember the next morning, clear as day! The sun finally broke through the early morning darkness. I had an intense sensation to do something, but didn't know what. I remember looking over at Kim and she asked me if I was ok, all I could do was nod. The nurse came in to check on me and she asked if I was ready to push. That was it, I needed to push! I didn't know this, because Ant was taken via c-section. So, push I did...in all the wrong places! I remember pushing so hard and not doing anything. I was so upset and frustrated. I finally figured it out and after an hour of pushing my baby girl was born.
GORGEOUS! She truly was (I don't say that about all of my kids, honestly. Dominic was not cute when he was born!). Jose and Kim were there with me, the room now was so bright from the sun shining in. I don't remember too much after having her, except trying to nurse her with Kim sitting there and me not being embarrassed of everything being exposed. And my stomach growling so loud the nurses were laughing. I hated, no despised pancakes...BUT it was pancakes I wanted and pancakes I got!!! Ever since, I'm a lover of pancakes =)

So back to my Thankfulness...
Adriana is an awesome girl! Anyone will tell you, she is helpful, loving, funny, an airhead, a great all around girl.
She is who she is and she is TOTALLY okay with that.
She excels in soccer and I literally have coaches tracking me down to be put on their teams. Just recently she was invited to play in a tournament Thanksgiving weekend.
Her grades are awesome! She currently has 3 A's, 2 B's and an F (that is a LONG story, but let's just say, it's not her fault and Mama will be fighting this one!).
She is a wonderful big sister to her brother and sister. It took her a while to come around, after all she was our Princess for so long, it was hard to let the title go.
She's an awesome little sister. Supports and cheers her brother on. She's gotta keep on his good side, he's got a reputation =0
She does color guard, is on the praise and worship team with our youth program, is willing to help in any area she can.
Her goal in life is to become a doctor and live in Malibu.
But, her biggest ambition is to feed the hungry, cloth the needy and house the homeless. She has such a deep sympathetic heart to this ministry and I KNOW the Lord is going to bless her works as long as she keeps her eyes upon Him!
So, after all that, I'm going to leave you with the most resent pic of her

Isn't she beautiful! Al natural and has no want to be what she's not...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...crying now! Awe...That is such an awesome tribute to her. You have captured her to a "t"!
~~ Darci

Mrs.J said...

I love her for exactly who she is! I love her hugs too!

Jodi said...

Beautifully written about a beautiful girl...