Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quotable Sunday

Toni decided to pay respect to our Soldiers by dedicating her Quotable Sunday to them. I am definitely following her, as I feel our men & women deserve the respect their due.

For love of country they accepted death... ~James A. Garfield

The brave die never, though they sleep in dust:
Their courage nerves a thousand living men.
~Minot J. Savage

The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example. ~Benjamin Disraeli

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~Joseph Campbell

Who kept the faith and fought the fight;
The glory theirs, the duty ours.
~Wallace Bruce

We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them. ~Francis A. Walker

How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! ~Maya Angelou


For more Quotable Sunday



2 comments:

Becca said...

I really agree with all of these quotes. Are veterans are so important!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Excellent quote choices...this is one of my favorites:

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~Joseph Campbell


Hope you're enjoying your weekend! :)