Saturday, November 15, 2008

Victoria Jo Hutchinson

Granted to this earth on May 13, 1957. Went home to be with her Heavenly Father November 15, 2008 at 9:30 a.m.
I've known Vicky for 22+ years.
Vicky was the first friend my mom made when my Grandpa moved us out here to Banning. My mom and Vicky hit it off and since Vicky had a daughter my age, it made it even better.
Jessica and I went to school together & Vicky would always welcome my mom, brother & myself into her home. We had MANY ups and downs, but Vicky was ALWAYS there.
There is SO much to say about Vicky, but I will keep it short and sweet...
Vicky was a woman that you couldn't help but love.
She was an EXTREMELY loving person, she was devoted to her church, friends and family. She was one that you could depend on, when she said it, she meant it. She would do what she could, no matter what her body told her. She would push through and be someone you could always count on.
As I reflected today and tried to think of all the great things that would keep my spirits up, I couldn't help but think of all the holidays and events that will be coming upon us and we won't see Vicky, sitting in a chair, doing what her body would allow her to do.
I am proud to not only call her my friend, but my second mom! I am SO blessed that not only was she so close to me, but to my children too. They loved Vicky and the memories that they will have will be embedded in their minds also. Vicky was really anticipating the birth of our new baby, and I am sad that this baby won't know her, but I know with a death, there is always a birth.
I thank the Lord that I had such a WONDERFUL woman in my life! She taught me many things that I will always cherish. She will eternally be in my memories.
Until I meet you again in the Heavenlies Vicky...I Love You!
PS, tell Bob & Barbara we say Hi!

3 comments:

Joanna Christiansen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful woman to have had in your life which is such a blessing.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of Vicki's passing. I didn't know her all that long, but the time I did she made an impact on me.

Some people in this world leave you feeling good. She was one of them. Even a few minutes spent with Vicki could put a smile on your face. When she spoke about God & her faith, I was always blown away. There was much much more to Vickie than you could ever imagine.

Give her girls hugs from us.

Kindra said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for her family. Thanks for the tribute.