Thursday, July 3, 2008

6 Months Later

I am finally posting.
Gees, I can't believe I haven't posted since January!
So much has happened and I don't even know where to start to update.
Let see...
~January~Dominic & I started MOPS. It took a few times for him to get comfortable, but he really enjoyed his class.
Ant & Adi are doing really well in school
I started my new job at Ladies Workout Express. It's the club that I have been going to for 5+ years.
I really enjoy the atmosphere & you can't beat the hours!

~February~ Dom & I started going to a Mom's group and socializing w/ some friends.

~March~ Easter time! We all helped with the egg stuffing. That was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the time with the kids. Dominic really got into helping his grammie stuff the eggs, along w/ his own mouth.
Then on Easter Sunday, Anthony, Adriana, Sarah & Brandon all helped with the egg hunt and food prep.
The kids really take away a great lesson from our easter outreach. Adriana really touched me after all was said and done. She has a vision for our church and sees herself working with families and giving them clothes.
That little girl has a heart of gold and shows more and more the older she gets!
Jose and I celebrated 12 years of marriage together. As every year goes by, the Lord shows me how blessed I am. I have a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful children. I have truely been blessed beyond measure! Despite all circumstances.

~April~I took Anthony, Sarah, Brandon & a group of kids to Knotts Berry Farm with the church. That was LOTS of fun!
Relay For Life started to get planned. I am really hoping for a great team & to reach a $2,000 goal!

~May~ Relay For Life was on the 3rd & 4th. The kids helped me set up our booth. I may have to do a whole post just for Relay For Life.
The kids have really learned why we do this, no matter how hard it is!
I had great support this year from my new found friend, Mona as well as a great team. I had every time slot filled, except for 1 hour. I was floored by the support!
We made $1,300 to give to the ACS.
Not bad!
Next year I will be planning early and teaming up with my church and I will be raising funds in Honor of a dear friend and wonderful Pastor, Gilbert Calderon.
I started Weight Watchers and am doing really great on it!
I lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks!
Let's keep it up!

~June~ Well, I have been dealing with LOTS of health issues. I thought with the weight loss (10lbs overall) that maybe I wasn't eating enough or my body was changing. I hadn't been feeling well, other issues I won't post on here.
So on June 5th, I decided to take a pregnancy test, just to rule that out.
Well, it was positive.
Jose and I were not expecting this. Our financial status was FINALLY starting to improve with his new job. I was on my great weight loss journey of turning Melissa into the strong healthy wife & mom I should be.
Well, God laughed at us, threw us a monkey wrench and laughed some more.
So, we are going to turn our family of 5 into a family of 6 (which happens to be our number).
After MUCH discussion, Jose and I both decided that we are BOTH going to get our 'tubes' tied.
We are VERY happy with 4 children and we want to raise them and see them grow, while giving them the best that we can.
This month has been a HORRIBLE one!
All day sickness, lack of energy, moodiness, etc, etc etc.
Yesterday was my first day of actually feeling back to my old self.
I even enjoyed cleaning and making dinner!
Praise God! I couldn't do it much longer!
I was ready for someone to grant me with the $hittiest mother & wife of the year award.
Well, here it is July.
I am going to attempt getting on at least once a week to update all of our families happenings.
I really enjoy looking back and seeing all the progress, good times, etc.
So until next time...
Stay cool, enjoy every moment with your children, and don't forget to take time for your spouse.
Your are loved more than you will EVER know!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Melissa. Congratulations.

-Kara