Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Things I learned about Volleyball today

Today was my Littles first volleyball tournament. I wrote out some things I learned today. All in all it was a great day. I'm a VERY proud Mama! My Little did great. Even Anthony made a point to let her know how proud he is of her and how well she did. It was fun.
We are of the minority, short people don't play this sport. I think they measure you and your parents when trying out and minimum height requirement is 6'.
All tournaments are in warehouses, built by block, aluminum doors and NO HEATER! It's colder than the North Pole and you should dress accordingly if you want to be comfortable and not get sick.
You will be getting up at the butt crack of dawn for every single tournament and you will be traveling very far away! Get used to it, it will be worth it! Just make sure you get your sleep.
It is a LONG day! Plan accordingly. A Leap Pad or another DS might be a great investment.
Man, do I feel out of my element! Thank goodness for great parents on the team!



















0 comments: