Thursday, November 18, 2010

Broken

The other day I blogged about something going on that I couldn't share at the time. Not that I'm at liberty to share now, but I'm calling out for everyone to pray.
Our youth pastors, Mike & Brittany have a baby boy Micah who was about 4 months old. On tuesday evening, Brittany went in to check on him and found him non responsive and blue. She immediately called 911 and started CPR.
They were able to revive baby Micah at the hospital...I don't know all of the details, but I was told that Wednesday they did a CT scan and didn't detect brain activity.
Our church stood together and prayed all day and our church called for a community prayer that night. We all know God's hand is mighty and His works are all powerful. We believed for a miracle. Surrounding this family in prayers.
This evening I received the following Prayer Request Update:

Baby Micah passed away at 6:30 this evening
after a valiant fight.
Pastor Mike and Britt are strong in faith but naturally grieving.
I will pass on further information on Sunday morning.
Please allow them privacy and time to mourn,
They feel and appreciate your love and support and
Your sensitivity is needed at this time.
Thank you for being a wonderful church family!
P.T.
I am so broken & beside myself! I wish I could wrap this family in my arms. I honestly don't know what to say or do...What do you say or do at this time?
I read the email and just sobbed at my desk. I couldn't even get up to tell Jose. I went to the room and my mom heard my wales from downstairs. I told them and we all just came together. So broken for this family.
I don't understand why God allows things like this to happen; or if He even does.
I've had friends loose their babies to miscarriages or stillborn and it's boggled me...WHY?
A parent should never have to bury their baby.
Precious Micah, your in the arms of an angel now. Your mommy, daddy and sister will miss you more than words can say. God has you tucked under his arm, holding you tight. I pray that the Lord's peace will sweep over Mike, Britt & Eden. They say time heals all things, but I don't believe it does. Micah, you will always be remembered. Your beautiful curly hair, how you looked identical to your daddy, your teeny tiny body and even the struggle to find clothes that fit you.
Father God, I pray that you bring peace, comfort, understanding and healing to this family. That you would allow those that come into their presence to be sensitive. That you would send exactly who and what they need at this time. That your angels would wrap this mama up in their wings and that she would find comfort in you. We know we are all timed, but don't always understand why it happens when it does. Heal these hearts father.
In Jesus Name, Amen!

2 comments:

Mrs.J said...

Very well said, I have spent about an hour crying and praying over this family. I may not know them well but like you the loss of a child is something that I will never understand.

Kindra said...

Oh how awful. Praying for that family. Thank you for sharing.