Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Foot Washing

Pastor Mike has been teaching on servant hood and serving. James approached Mike about doing a Foot Washing Ceremony with the kids.
Mike opened it up to FUSION and got 2 responses from the kids. Renee & Adriana were the ones that wanted to do it along with Jose, Noe, Monica, James, Taffy & Lauren. Originally we were going to have all the Pastors of the church be those who be served and have their feet washed, but we had a few down with illness', so we invited Mick & Janie and they graciously agreed. I think that the position that the Lord has placed Mick & Janie in our church, they were VERY deserving of being served in such a way as this.
I don't think that all the kids really got the gist of what was going on and the purpose of the foot washing, but it was an awesome thing to watch happen!
Especially since my daughter and husband were two people who joined in and laid their pride aside to wash those Pastor's feet.
Here's some pics...

Pastor Mike, Pastor Todd, Pastor Ken & Mick

Jose washing Mick's feet, Taffy & Adriana washing Pastor Ken's


Top: Janie, Pastor Mike, Pastor Todd, Pastor Ken
Bottom: Monica, Noe, Renee, Lauren, Taffy & Adriana


James 13:2-17
The evening meal was being served, and the devil had already prompted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus. Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet."
Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

"Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"

Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.


0 comments: