Thursday, July 17, 2008

Proud Mama Moment

WARNING BRAG SESSION!
Anthony & his friend Brandon have been looking for ways to make money.
Well, Anthony started (as usual) the idea of doing yards in the neighborhood. Brandon wanted in on it, and Anthony of course allowed.
So about 2 weeks ago Anthony decided to go around asking people in the neighborhood if they would like him & Brandon to do their yards. Our 2 neighbors right next door agreed to them doing their yards.
Well, the other boys in the neighborhood got wind of what Ant & Brandon were doing and snagged up the jobs that the boys got.
They cut the 2 guys yards & did the most horrible job!!!!
So this past week, Anthony & Brandon decided to make fliers & business cards.
They wen't door to door looking for business & the neighbors that previously said would allow the boys to do the yard, but then turned & allowed the other kids to do it (confusing, I know) told Ant & Brandon that they want them to do their yards, because the other boys did a horrible job....HA HA HA HA HA HA! Kinda what those boys got for doing them dirty.
So after going door to door, Ant & Brandon now have 5 houses total that they are going to be doing, plus they got a weed pulling job.
When they went to go ask one of the neighbors about doing his yard (this guy is known as the 'baller' of the neighborhood). He told them that he didn't need mowing, but he did need someone to pull the weeds on his hill.
So he asked the boys how much.
They told him $15 each.
He said, "You boys are crazy, your worth more than that!"
So the boys said, "$25 each."
The guy replied, "I'll tell you what, I know how much that work is going to be. If you do a good enough job, then I will pay you $50 each."
They agreed.
Those boys are on Cloud 10 right now!!!
They can't believe they are going to be making $50 each!
So they will be out Monday morning to do his hill.

It is really a blessing my eyes!
Jose & I have been struggling financially and camp is coming up. We weren't going to be able to pay for it, but the means came in and we were blessed.
Well, Ant was doing his laundry the other day and he told me;
"Mom, I have 5 pairs of clothes." I asked, "what does that means?"
He said, "I have 3 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of pants that I can wear to camp."
I felt like a dagger had been thrown at my heart.
My son only has 5 pairs of 'bottoms'!?!
He is making his plans of what he can do with what he has, but as a mother, I should be able to provide.
Well, as a mother, I SHOULD be able to provide, but the Lord must give me to provide.
But the Lord is showing me, I will provide, and it isn't in the way you think.
Anthony will be able to make this money, and he will be able to learn what a dollar is and buy himself some new clothes.
He will not only learn what it's like to to work for your money, but how fast it can go and take pride in all he is doing.
It's a lesson for Anthony, but a provision too.
End of my brag session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Melissa~I feel your pain... coming from 1 SAHM to another ~ it's a constant struggle, but like you said God will provide.... btw ~ what size is he in? I have a few 12's if your interested....

This Is Me, Doing What I Do said...

Thanks Becca! It's nice to know I'm not in the boat alone.
He's in like a size 28 mens. He's not a big boy, but he's big. Thanks for the offer though!!!